|30th June 2020: We are delighted to announce as per Tennis Ireland protocol we are now allowed to play doubles from 2 different households and resume Tuesday night adult Club Tennis.
Clubhouse will, for the time being, remain out of use. The opening hours are Monday to Sunday 10am to 9pm with booking essential on 086-3431437.
Our club is run on a voluntary basis and your understanding is appreciated at this difficult time.
This protocol relates to Phase 1 of the Irish Government’s Roadmap for Reopening Society and Business (published 01/05/20)
RETURN TO PLAY
Our courts will be open Thurs-Sun (12pm-8pm) beginning 21/05/20, but opening times may change during this phase. Court Gate will be left open but the clubhouse will remain closed. Unfortunately No entry to the clubhouse is allowed
Courts must be prebooked on 086-3431437
Play is limited to SINGLES only during this phase. The ONLY exception for doubles is if playing partners are from the same household.
A parent/guardian must accompany any player under 18 years
Before you play
- Not be in a period of self-isolation and/or cocooning under the current Health Policy Not have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days Not be displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- Not have been overseas or exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days
- Not have flu-like symptoms or are feeling unwell
- Check with your GP prior to playing if you are in a high-risk health category
- Be a current member
- Live within a 5km radius of the club
- Pre-book your court in advance (preferably the day before) on phone number 086-3431437. You must give the names of all players
Ensure that you utilise toilet facilities in your own home prior to arriving at the club as the clubhouse will not be available
Travel to the courts separately (unless from same household)
Arrive ready to play as the clubhouse will not be available
Bring a small bottle of hand sanitizer with you
Arrive and leave as close as possible to when you are due on court
Bring your own equipment (e.g. racket, bag, towel, water bottle, disinfectant spray etc)
Bring your own set of clearly marked tennis balls (each player)
As we do not have any full-time or part-time staff at our club, we would appreciate if those players using the courts would let us know if they are aware of any rules being compromised (feel free to pass on our club contact number 086-3431437 for those who turn up wishing to play)
Social diistancing behaviour
To protect against infection, you must:
- Keep 2 metres away from other people at all times
- Not share food, towels and drinks
- Not touch any surfaces (net, fence, gate etc), but if you do sanitise your hands as soon as possible
- Change ends at opposite sides of the net
- Only touch your own individual tennis balls
- Use your racquet/foot to pick up balls and hit them to your opponent (see the video shared on our Club’s Facebook page)
- Wash your hands frequently, cover your coughs, avoid touching your face
- Please observe all Notices
When play finishes
- Leave the club promptly
- Wash and sanitise your hands as soon as possible
- Ensure equipment is cleaned thoroughly after use. Tennis balls can be sprayed with a disinfectant
- If you become unwell after playing, you should first contact your GP/HSE and then inform the club. The club will then follow advice provided to them by the HSE on the next steps
- Practice caution with the Tennis Balls
- Although there is no specific evidence that tennis balls can spread COVID-19, we know that contamination from respiratory droplets from an infected person can potentially survive on hard surfaces for up to three days
- Replace balls if someone suspected of having COVID 19 comes in contact with them
- Consider spraying balls with a disinfectant spray at the conclusion of play. Using new balls on a very regular basis is highly encouraged
If you have any queries, please contact us at 086-3431437
Termonfeckin Tennis Club Committee (14/5/2020)
Due to Covid19 Our AGM has been postponed indefinitely.
AGM will be held in the Clubhouse on Monday 30th March at 8PM. An update on Club development will also be given. Nomination forms for Committee Members posted on the Clubhouse noticeboard. All members very welcome.
30th Sep 2019: Club Championship Latest news HERE
15th May 2019: Junior Championship Rules and entry form available Here
6th May 2019: junior Summer Schedule available Here
2019/20 Membership now open. See here for more info
8th April 2019: AGM to be held Wednesday 1st May 2019 at 8pm in Club House. All members are encouraged to attend.
21st March 2019 20th: Spring Summer Calendar of Junior Events
Give the gift of a years membership Gift vouchers now available
For all membership enquiries contact Peter on 086 343 1437.